The Course for the full time Diploma in Modern Office Practice shall extend over a period of Three academic years, consisting of SIX semesters.
Condition for admission to the Diploma course shall be required to have passed in the S.S.L.C. Examination of the Board of Secondary Education, Tamil Nadu.(or)
The Anglo Indian High School Examination with eligibility for Higher Secondary Course in Tamil Nadu.(or)
The Matriculation Examination of Tamil Nadu.(or)
Any other Examination recognized as equivalent to the above by the Board of Secondary Education, Tamil Nadu.(or)
A pass in the 10th Standard (SSLC) with 35 Marks in Examination or any other equivalent qualification.
No age limit.
Selection of eligible candidates for the course of Diploma in Modern Office Practice in this special Institution will be made based on the total marks secured in the qualifying examination and the ranking will be done in the order of total marks secured by the candidates in the SSLC/Equivalent examination following communal reservation. In respect of candidates whose maximum marks in the qualifying examination more than 500 as per scheme, the maximum marks shall be reduced to a base of 500 and rank arrived at along with other candidates.
Selection shall be made under the following the rules of reservation in force at the time of publication of the selection list.
|Backward Class (Others)||26.5%|
|Backward Class (Muslims)||3.5%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
Candidates seeking admission against ST/SC/SC(A), MBC&DNC, BC (others) / BC (Muslims) quota should obtain the certificate of social status in the prescribed permanent community cards and produce at the time of admission
Following original certificates should be produced at the time of
a. Conduct certificate and Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Educational Institution in which the candidate had last studied;
b. SSLC mark sheet or mark sheet issued by the concerned educational authority for the qualifying examination.
c. Original community certificate for ST/SC/SC(A)/ MBC & DNC/i. BC (Others)/BC (Muslims) from prescribed authority.
HSC Academic or HSC Vocational or 10th passed students qualified with 2 years ITI can directly join the second year of the three year Diploma programme under Lateral Entry Scheme in Polytechnic Colleges. However, the intake under lateral entry scheme is 20% of sanctioned intake of First year, which is supernumerary.
1. Students should obey with all the rules and regulations framed by the college.
2. Students should preserve the cleanliness of the college campus.
3. Students must wear the college Identity Card given by the college.
4. Parents or visitors will not be allowed to meet the students directly without the prior permission of the Principal.
5. No students should enter or leave the Lecture hall or Typewriting hall or Computer practical class without the permission of the concerned lecturer.
6. Bringing mobile phone inside the college campus is strictly prohibited.
7. Students should be punctual in class hours.
8. As per DTE’s Rule - 80% attendance is mandatory to get the eligibility to write the Semester examination.
9. Any removable data storage device (CD/Pendrive) should not be used by the students without the approval of the computer lab in-charge.
10. Ragging in any form strictly prohibited within the premises of the college.